The Nightmare Before Christmas, Oogie Boogie is the main villain. A large burlap sack filled with bugs who is always plotting against Jack Skellington.
In Coraline, the Beldam (also known as The Other Mother) is a spider-like witch who is the creator of the other world and its residents. She takes on the form of Coraline's mother in order to earn her love in staying with her forever!
Both villains have a few things in common:
- They both love to gamble and play games with other characters but never play fair.
- They enjoy eating bugs.
- Just as Oogie completely relies on Lock, Shock and Barrel, the Beldam is dependent on her creations to assist her.
- They're very abusive and forceful towards others.
- None of their henchmen are completely loyal or obedient.
- They act kind of creepy and in an unexpected way toward the end of each film.
Oogie is extremely lazy and a total coward who depends on fear and his booby traps to achieve. The Beldam has her own strange way of showing "a mother's love" in order to get what she wants.
The Beldam is also much more cunning then Oogie who tends to be a bit dull; however Oogie has his smart moments from time to time.
These two notorious monsters may have their differences in strengths, motives and personality, but there is one huge quality they continue to share. They both end up losing to the heroes of the movies!
All rights to The Nightmare Before Christmas belongs to both Tim Burton and Disney.
All rights to Coraline belong to Neil Gaiman and Laika.