Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Catch Phrases

Since the 1930's, cartoons have moved us and made us laugh. But what is it that makes them so memorable? Three simple words...a catch phrase.

From Classic Cartoon Phrases:
  • Bugs Bunny: "What's up, Doc?"
  • Charlie Brown: "Good grief"
  • Fred Flintstone: "Yabba Dabba Doo!"
  • Donald Duck:"Ah, phooey"
  • Selfish Children: "Silly Rabbit, Trix are for kids"
  • Tweety: "I thought I saw a putty cat"
  • Snagglepuss: "Exit, stage left (or right)"
  • Daffy Duck: "You're despicable"
  • Velma: "Jinkies"
  • Fat Albert: "Hey, hey, hey"
  • Sylvester Cat: "Thupher'in Thucatash"
In our new generation, we have been inspired with new phrases heard on TV.
  • Homer Simpson: "D'oh!"
  • Quagmire: "Giggity giggity giggity"
  • Bart Simpson: "Don't have a cow man"
  • Mr. Burns: "Excellent"
  • Jay Sherman: "It stinks"
  • Brain: "Try to take over the world"
  • Bender: "Bite my shiny metal ass"
  • Stewie: "What the deuce"
  • Stan: "Oh, my God! They killed Kenny!" Kyle: "You bastards!"
  • SpongeBob: "I'm ready! I'm ready!"
  • Nelson: "Ha, Ha!"
  • Pinky: "Narf!"

No comments:

Post a Comment